Tree felling work may be done by Amey or a sub-contractor, so Amey may not be written on the vehicles. Amey are involved in a lot of street work across Sheffield, so be sure they are felling before raising the alarm.
To fell a tree requires quite a large crew with several vehicles but the two to look out for are:
The Chipping Machine
- Look for the distinctive spout on the trailer.
- These come in different sizes and colours.
- They may belong to Amey or a sub-contractor
The Cherry Picker
- Usually mounted on a pickup truck.
- These come in a variety of colours, sizes.
- Usually hired for the job, so markings vary.
- Not all fellings need a cherry picker.
If you see either of these vehicles then you need to pay close attention to what’s happening. If unsure, it’s always worth asking the crew. Experience has shown that if they are only doing maintenance they will be quick to tell you.
How do I report a felling?
How will I know when fellings are happening?
Please sign up as a supporter via our Support Us page.